The stores will house the French luxury brand’s new collaborative collection with the 83-year-old pop artist.
The app allows you to imagine yourself covered in Kusama-inspired polka dots and abstract waves. Add visual effects to your own pictures and share them in a public gallery included in the application, on Facebook and Twitter, and on the minisite specifically created for the application.
An internationally acclaimed artist today, Yayoi Kusama started her career as an avant-garde painter in Tokyo in the 1950’s and became a leading figure of New York’s contemporary art scene in the 1960’s. Obsessed with repetition, pattern and accumulations, Kusama developed her own artistic style: a cross between pop art, surrealism, and minimalism.
- Works with photos taken with your iPhone camera, or pre-existing photos from your iPhone camera roll
- Two effects available to transform your picture inspired by Kusama’s art: dots and waves
- A gradual and interactive transformation process
- Interactive with friends through a feature where you can give and receive ‘likes’
- Share results to a public gallery, private gallery in the app and on the Louis Vuitton-Kusama minisite
- Share with friends via Facebook and Twitter